5/10/2013

Starbuck (2011)


What Would You Do if You Found Out You Had 533 Children?





Starbuck is a Canadian movie by Ken Scott. A fortysomething slacker (Patrick Huard) finds out he is the bio dad of 533 kids as a result of sperm donations he made between 1988 and 1990 under the alias Starbuck. Some 142 kids of his want to know his identity and intend to sue him if he refuses to reveal himself. It will definitely complicate his relationship with his ex-girlfriend (Julie LeBreton) who just announced him that she's pregnant. Starbuck cracks me up. Yes, we can all agree that the plot is not at all possible but I am entertained from one end to the other. The director handles the screenplay well enough so you don't get bored. I feel like this story has never been told before even though it is not at all twisted and relatively simple. Plus, I find Quebec-French hilarious. I'm not the only one, am I? The expressions, the accent: this language makes everything even funnier than it is. And I really mean no offense to the Quebec Canadians because I just really like their language.

1 reason to watch: you think your life is complicated? Starbuck helps you put things into perspective 



No comments:

Post a Comment