6/05/2013

The Game (1997)

 

Do You Like Surprises?



Nicholas Van Orton (Michael Douglas) is a wealthy financier leading a boring and mournful life. For his 48th birthday, his brother Conrad (Sean Penn) gives him an original gift to make his life fun: a live-action game that soon becomes disturbing and harassing. David Fincher, the master of mind-torturing thrillers, directed this paranoid and clever movie after Seven. The nerve-racking tune that follows Michael Douglas' character all along the movie is but equal to the harrowing dark atmosphere in which the plot evolves. The two brothers on screen are brilliant and the suspense keeps you on the edges of your seat until the end. The Game is a mind-twister that is remarkably orchestrated by Fincher. I watched this more than a decade ago for the first time and it tensed me up back then. A few days ago, I watched it again to write this review and even as I thought I remembered the end, it kept me hanging on until the last twist. Now it's your turn to join the game (watch it here!).

1 reason to watch: the brotherly and tormented duo Michael Douglas / Sean Penn




No comments:

Post a Comment