6/07/2013

Wild Child (2008)


Cliché-Stuffed Useless Flick



Wild Child is a useless teen flick displaying cliché after cliché on California girls, Great Britain, and high school. The only reason you would watch it is if you have a thing for young girls in uniform. Otherwise, move along! I had no idea what it was about when I hit the play button. I knew Juno Temple was in the cast so I thought it was a token of quality. When I read 'Juno Temple', I automatically think 'indie, witty, instant classic'... Wild Child is one of the first movies she acted in, hence the bad role. But we all gotta start somewhere, right? I guess I should have found the poster first, I wouldn't have watched this. This movie is a typical teenage story where the shallow hero becomes selfless and her nemesis loses a blank battle. It's obviously aimed at pleasing the majority of teenagers but even as far as I can remember I've always hated those movies. If you want a good teen movie, you might as well try the classic Mean Girls (OK, both posters are similar but believe me, Mean Girls is a blast! And you can enjoy one of the last movies where Lindsay Lohan still looked like Lindsay Lohan). I find Wild Child boring. I expected everything on screen to happen. There is no surprise or twist in the plot. It's not terrible per se, it's just meaningless.

1 reason NOT to watch: Wild Child is a useless teen flick like you've seen 100 times.



No comments:

Post a Comment