6/12/2013

Wild Things (1998)


Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing



This thriller has been one of my favorite movies as long as I can remember. As a kid, this was my go-to flick on any given Sunday. I know this is not a film for children, but what can I say... I was already unusual. A high school guidance counselor (Matt Dillon) is accused of rape by 2 of his students (Denise Richards & Neve Campbell)... The twisted storyline is set in the dreamy Floridian surroundings. For those who haven't been to Florida, it makes you want to discover this bit of paradise. For those who have, it just really makes you miss it. The lascivious original score smells like the Everglades and releases an intriguing scent wherever it infiltrates. Wild Things takes you out on a yacht, or makes you visit the gators (this film seriously makes me think of a typical Florida tourism brochure). The end will blow you away for sure. The cast is eclectic and brilliant (Kevin Bacon is an incredible dirty cop and the 2 main female leads are gorgeous and dangerously manipulative). The sex scenes are audacious and necessary to the plot. The film mixes humor (you can't escape it with Bill Murray in the cast) and seriousness which makes it a perfect combo. Wild Things is a great thriller, a sexy 90s classic!

1 reason to watch: the scene with Denise washing Matt's car to Lauren Christy's song I Want What I Want


I think the trailer spoils the movie... My advice: skip it and watch the movie instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment